Friday, October 28, 2011

Let's negotiate the terms...

I was introduced to the art of negotiation while I was representing my office to the Malaysia-United States Free Trade Agreement Negotiation Round in KL back in 2005. Then followed by series of Malaysia-New Zealand, Malaysia-Australia, etc negotiation rounds from 2005 until 2010. It felt so good to be able to be a part of such important process and read about its success in the newspaper afterwards.


Since I was curious to know how the lead negotiator made it (negotiate) looks so easy, I bought some books on negotiation - particularly on international trade, strategies and tactics. I also attended a few courses on negotiation in Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations (IDFR) and INTAN Kiara to learn more on cultural influence and cross-cultural negotiation. I got this during my recent Effective Negotiation Course.



Well, I am not that resourceful yet. I still didnt have guts to negotiate at Pasar Malam. International trade, fine with me. Local night market? erk....

2 comments:

lina said...

salam nurul congrats! Keep up good work!

nurul said...

tq.