Monday, April 16, 2012

Book Review

I’ve exchanged more than 50 emails on daily basis with my best online friends, Mye & Zura. Last week we were discussing about the relevancy of book clubs and what people do with book reviews (yes, we do discuss on serious topics). The problem is, I didnt find it interesting/relevant but I’ve joined a book club at my previous office, I also joined the book review session and I asked a lot of questions. I didnt know why I did that.

Last Friday I decided to exchange books with them since we realllllly love to buy books and most of them are just sitting on the shelves collecting dust (after we finished reading it, of course). So, I choose a few light reading materials which I think suitable for working moms.

We love to read. But when we came back from the office, we need to manage our family and the whole house. And by the time we finished our never-ending house chores, we usually worn out – physically and mentally - and the last thing we need is a heavy reading material which require a very high level of analytic thinking.

So, these are a few books I recommended to them (and to all tired mommies) :

let's go outside!

Activities for parents and their kids. It is full of new and fresh ideas. Although some of the activities you have done and already familiar with, but after reading this book, you will feel you need to do it again as soon as possible, because the book told you so ;p

I'm tired of this mess

It shares about the art of creating space and developing routine so you will not end up in a messy house.

1001 little parenting miracles

It contains 1001 *duh* advises or suggesting or recommendations on how to handle YOURSELF, your children and people around you. Some of the pointers may not be relevant to Asian's value. Well, most parenting books are like that because parenting is subjective.

(believe me, I've tried to rotate the image many times!)

Women on the Edge 4

OMG. My favourite book (comic) so far. I love graphic book.

As much as I want to show you the sneak peek of each and every book that I've just shown you, but I am afraid it will breach the stuff (I didnt know the term) that they usually printed at the first page of all books (....any part of this book shall not be reproduce...bla bla bla....) < that one.

No comments: