Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Nazreen! - bye bye long hair!

14 July 2012 was Nazreen's 5th birthday. We have organised a simple celebration at my parent's with the presence of our neighbours, orang masjid, my parent-in-law, my aunts, uncles and cousins. As it fell on Saturday, we didnt have much time to prepare. I went home from work at night on Friday and I really hope I can prepare the loot bags, all presents and blow some balloons on Saturday morning.

I rushed to a hypermarket with Nabil early in the morning and went back just in time the goldsmith (in the hypermarket) being robbed. And my sister and Sarah arrived just after the armed robbery drama ended. phew.

The food station
My dad ordered Nazreen's favourite food - nuggets, fruit salad, butter prawn, mashed potato, coleslaw, fish and chip, roasted chicken, etc.
We also have traditional kuih and pulut kuning. My sister baked delicious red velvet cupcakes and kek batik.
The present
Lotsa birthday presents for everybody. It is a tradition in our house to buy birthday presents to all children in the family, in this case, 6 kids, for every birthday celebration. And of course birthday boy got extra presents from others. Nazreen got a skateboard, guitar, foldable water bottle, normal water bottle, sweater (from me), some toys, frisbee with LED, chocolate and tons of marshmallow!
The best part of his 5th birthday is he got to cut his own hair. My mom, dad, FIL and MIL took turn to cut off his long beautiful hair. He is attending pre school next year so this is the best time to cut his hair short.
He asked for Ultraman for his birthday but no one bought it. Luckily when Nazreen unwrapped the last present from our caterer...There it is...Ultraman... Dream comes true...
My Nazreen with shorter hair. I gave him the dark blue sweater. He loves it very much :)

The next day, he requested to go to the barber shop to make it shorter. And now, it is shorter. Life goes on.

2 comments:

resam padi said...

I find this very interesting...the whole ritual of cutting long hair on 5th birhtday...i wonder how it started!? ;)

Hopefully Nazreen had a blast birthday party and a smile to sleep with.. He is soo cute!

Anyways 1000x thumbs up to the hard working mommy et all for the great party. MasyaAllah!

art said...

Thanks!
We told him that if he cut his hair, he is going to get a lot of presents. So he did.