Sunday, October 2, 2016

Winter 2016 : Critical Reading workshop

I registered online for a Critical Reading workshop offered at My Learning Essentials. They have 3-4 interesting courses/workshop/seminar everyday, held in AGLC. It is free. You could just walk-in.

This was my first time. Once I walked-in, one lady, a facilitator, asked me to swipe my student card at the reader on the table to record my attendance. Then, she asked me to find my seat, anywhere and help myself with cookies and drinks (there is a coffee machine and various types of cookies at the corner of the room). I took two packets of chocolate chip cookies and I made myself a hot chocolate.
The workshop went well. They taught us theories, followed by a few individual and group exercises. The first exercise was for us to identify the main argument and evidences in a few academic articles. 

I love the facts that this exercise uses laminated A4s. We could jot down our thoughts, underline the arguments and circle the main points using a whiteboard marker, which, could be wipe-off and recycle afterwards.
Then, there was a group exercise.
We didnt know each other but we got along very well in one hour! 

At the end of the workshop, the facilitator requested to take a photograph of my graphic note.

And after the workshop ended, the facilitators went around the classroom with iPads, for us to fill in the online evaluation form. I love the hi-tech part of the workshop - the swipe part for registration, the online evaluation part, as well as the delicious cookies and free drinks :)

No comments: