Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hotel Review 01 : Imperial Boutec Hotel, KK, Sabah

I travel a lot to Borneo in 2009. And for every trip, I will make sure I stayed at different hotel. Don't ask me why. I just enjoyed doing it.

Imperial Boutec Hotel is a 4-star boutique hotel located at the 7th floor of the famous shopping complex - the Warisan Square - in the middle of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Only 10 minutes from the airport (RM30 for taxi). I reserved a court-room without knowing what it is (I guess that is the bad side of an online reservation). FYI, court room is a windowless room. RM170++/night. It is only a 5-10 minutes walking distance to Philipino Market (and seafood stalls at night).

Boutique hotel
is a term popularised in the States and the UK to describe intimate, usually luxurious or quirky hotel environments. Boutique hotels differentiate themselves from larger chain/branded hotels by providing personalized accommodation and services / facilities. Sometimes known as "design hotels" or "lifestyle hotels". Typically boutique hotels are furnished in a themed, stylish and/or aspirational manner. They usually are considerably smaller than mainstream hotels, often ranging from 3 to 50 guest rooms.

You can surf the net for the detail on room prices, location and all. And you can [click here] for my honest review on this hotel via TripAdvisor. I am not putting it here, just sharing photographs.
I just love to experience the different ambiance, detailings and the hotel concept.

No comments: