Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thunderstorm @ Putrajaya

I am on the level 20 in one of the tallest buildings in Putrajaya. I dont know how scary thunderstorm in Putrajaya could be (I only heard about it before) until it happened every single day in early November. The frequent lightning (like, every 5 seconds) during thunderstorm usually accompanied by strong winds and heavy downpour. Driving home in that weather condition is really a nightmare.

I can see those scary lightning strikes through the full glass wall in my office. Even though I've shut the vertical blinds, but I can still see its glaring light followed by the sharp and loud crack of thunder. So, I just leave it open. Sometimes it is exciting to guess where the lightning will strike.

My hubby enjoyed it very much. It has become an obsession. He will pick me up at the office with a car full of lenses, tripod, monopod/unipod, u name it (oh ya, kids). We have to wait for him in the car quite a while for him to capture the best lightning photo of the day. I usually prepared some sandwich in the office before I went down so we can eat and enjoy lightning 'performance' with Papa.

Trust me, all photos ARE GREAT. I will never see thunderstorm the same way again. The lightnings are so beautiful. (Below, cloud-to-ground lightning and far below, double lightning) See I am into lightning as well. I know the terms already. LOL.

No comments: