Monday, December 22, 2014

MyDesign : Megarafting Kufi - the process

Morning:
Received a message & invitation to be part of the Gift / Souvenir Committee.
Requested to design some souvenirs.
Agreed to kufi. Hyperventilated on the possible failure - but try to design anyway. They are my sweet and wonderful friends, I just couldnt say no without even trying.

Printed grid paper from the internet.
Made this in two hours. 

Evening:
Managed to finalise the kufi before going home. Phew! Didnt want to get nightmare at night. But still had a good dream on the possible design layouts and colour scheme - that is a normal dream for designers. lol.

The next day:
Beautify the kufi. Instead of linear, I designed a square one too.
(here)

Next next day:
The tumbler supplier emailed the design template.
Came out with one design using red watercolour background. The theme is red-white-black and some was suggesting red. So, instead of plain flat red, I opted for the one with texture and more character.
Posted in the WA group for crit session. They requested for more designs. So I came out with a few. And printed it so they could see the real size.
I will post the final tumbler design. I havent received the tumbler yet.

No comments: