Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family Night

We've invited my parent, siblings, aunties and cousins to my house for makan2 Raya on 4th Raya. It was unplanned. Me and my husband finished tidy up the whole house at 5pm. We sat down at the dining table, chat over a cuppa and suddenly he asked, "Why dont we invite Mama for a dinner tonight?" (since we have a lot of food and no one came. yet). 

Me : WHY NOT?
I have prepared nasi himpit, beef and chicken rendang earlier that day. And when my mom agreed to come, my husband cook his signature Johor / Javanese dish, lodeh. I prepared raspberry jelly and strawberry juice. My neighbour who works at satay stall nearby (is 8km considered near?) was kind enough to deliver hundreds of satay. Thank you.

I was a simple and sweet dinner.
It was unplanned. But it went very well. We should do this more often.

My dad and my brother just arrived.
We've installed the cute chandelier for Raya. Last Raya, that corner look like this (here).

The kids were having fun after dinner.

Then they played with Mr. Robinson.

Mr. Robinson is Nazreen's birthday present. I dont know why he chose "Mr. Robinson".

No comments: