Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hotel Review : Imperial Hotel, Tokyo, Japan

I had a chance to stay at the most luxurious hotel in Tokyo - Imperial Hotel Tokyo. Since I was with the Hon Minister's delegation, I also entitled for VIP lobby - a separate entrance for VVIPs.

Those flags indicate the head of states' delegation currently stayed at the hotel. I smile when I walked in and saw Jalur Gemilang there.
 Private elevator.
The former main building, designed by the famous architect - Frank Lloyd Wright, stood there from 1923-1967 and known as the Wright Imperial. Travelers around the world referred to it as 'The Jewel of The Orient'.

Welcome to the hotel!
The spacious room.
Me and Esther make sure the bellboy sent the right luggage to the right room. I followed them to every room to make sure all VIPs get their luggage. It was a tiring journey and I truly understand everybody needs a shower ASAP.
Of course those two huge boxes are mine.
They have kiblat sign. Thumbs up for their thoughtfulness!
I have my own fax machine. Easier to do my work.
They also provide yukatas!!! I LOVE YUKATA!!! Traveling to Japan means you dont have to bring along your nightwear. Most of the hotel provides yukata. Their traditional attire.
(illustration googled)
This is how you wear yukata
The toilet. I have blogged about the hi-tech WC here.
The food?
We are free to eat at any restaurant / coffee house/ lounge in the hotel. I only went to their coffee house twice for breakfast. I only took a sip of coffee then off to the lobby. Being the liaison officer for the trip, I was always in a rush. I lost 5kgs in 4 days.

Maybe wearing thermal underwear (or long john) the whole day helped to burn the fat faster ;p

2 comments:

lina said...

salam nurul best nya...penat tp padat dgn pengalaman yg tidak dpt di jual beli...dulu i ambil bahasa japan konon nak pi sana tp ketentuanNYA rezeki tidak bersama saya...n3 blog nurul impian saya ketika bersekolah.. :)

Nurul said...

takpe. nanti boleh pergi melancong ke sana. Tambang MAS pun dah berpatutan ke Jepun :)