Monday, April 6, 2015

Sweet revenge: food

I was feeling under the weather for almost two weeks. 
I didnt do much house chores during that period. My neighbour came and helped me to fold three baskets full of clothes and after that she hanged another basket of newly-washed clothes. What would I do without you, Maton :)

Good neighbour is hard to get.

No, that's not what this entry is all about.
(Well, I have this tendency to talk about something else first whenever I blog about food)

After two week having lunch/dinner at my parent's because I was not feeling well, last weekend, I woke up and the first thing I did after Subuh prayer was mixing pizza dough. Nazran helped me to bake pizzas. This is the second one. The first one finished in a minute. I spread tomato puree with Herbes de Provence, capsicum, tomato, chicken bits marinated in barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese.
Then we had what Kelantanese called colek.
My mom went to the market and bought us young mangoes. 
My version of colek (fruit dip) is the mixture of soy sauce, coarse sugar, shrimp paste and grounded bird's eye chili. You'll taste sweet, sour, salty and hotness from the chili in every bite. 
At night, I made fruit cocktail with mango pudding. No photo.

No comments: