Friday, March 4, 2011

honey, anyone?

I am crazy over honey. It was all started when I had a bad asthma attack in January 2010 and I have no drugs at all, at that moment. So, I took a spoonful of honey and swallow it slowly, push it down with the help of plain water, in 10 minutes, I can breathe normally.

Then I did some experiments on my pimples, papercuts, blisters and on my kids - for their flu, diarrhoea and allergies, it worked! Since then, I turn to honey whenever I fell sick before reaching for any other drugs.

Before I departed to Adelaide, I learned that South Australian honey is the best (in the world? or in Australia? i am not sure). So, I googled up online store in Adelaide that sell honey. OMG, honey is bloody cheap in Australia! I've contacted one online store and fortunately they have a brick-and-mortar shop near the hotel that I am going to reside in Adelaide. One fine evening, when everything stopped in Adelaide for Melbourne Cup, I went there with my chauffeur, Paul. We are the only moving things in Adelaide that moment. lol.










I was so happy that I wanted to jump up and down once I stepped in the shop. The shop is FUUULLLLL with honey. I can spend hours tasting all flavours, comparing the thickness and smell, reading its labels, learning about its origins and contemplating on which one is the best.... but, naaah... I promised to Paul I am going to spend only 30 mins in the shop.















I end up buying 8 kilograms worth of South Australian honey and two boxes of fresh, juicy strawberries. yummy!

3 comments:

kayla said...

they do really help to ease a lot of things ye? oh i know they're good, tapi tak pernah pun tau that good to that extent! alaa tidak aritu pergi dah Adelaide dah cari dah honey... maybe i can look for some here in Melbourne

Nurul said...

Yes! Recently aku sakit mata for 2 weeks. I washed my eyes with honey (mixed with warm water). My mata getting better the next day and I can go to work the day after.

Banyak Quranic verses and hadith cerita ttg honey's healing property. It is true.

beli online saje. I heard the best one is from Kanggaroo Island.

Nurul said...

oh ya, make sure it is REAL HONEY. madu campur2 gula will not work.