Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Moving In : Part 01 - Clearing out the old stuff

We are moving to my late grandma's house. I live there since I was born until I got married in 2004 and stay at my parent's. The house keeps the old stuffs intact before I decided to move in. The clearing process took us a while because everything in the house brings back the old memories.

I cant help it but to pick up each and every piece of cloth and tell a story about it to my husband and to my kids, "Ayoh always wear this to the mosque.." (Ayoh is a Kelantanese accent for Ayah @ father - I called my grandfather Ayoh since I heard my dad called him that)... or "Cik made this blanket.." (I called my grandmother Cik - a term used by Kelantanese to respectfully address a lady - also because I heard my dad called her Cik). The story-telling goes on and on about my grandparents clothes, their books, classic glassware (grandmothers should have that!), my toys, old furnitures... you name it. Everything reminds me of the good old days in this house.

The house is far from ready to be occupied. We went there at night just to get hold of the new place. We let the kids sleep on the sofa for a couple of hours while we clean the house before go back to my parent's house after midnight. I have a very big issue with PESTS and I will definitely get the pest control team to do their thing before we move in.

While we were occupied with other task, Nazreen was happy trying everything he found in the old (and new) stack.









































2 comments:

lina said...

Nurul comel la anak2 you tu

Nurul said...

tq tq *bow*