Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lazy Sunday : yummy

Guess what we made last weekend? Almond powder, the main ingredient... and more almonds for its filling....


YES! You guessed it right. M-A-C-A-R-O-N!!! After one week of intense planning (me & my dear hubby) and take turns to study the intricate macaron-making process and troubleshootings on the net, we made a trip to bakery supply shop and WE TRY TO MAKE OUR FIRST MACARON. I was so thrilled while waiting for my hubby to put the macaron mixture inside the oven. Everything went well and the mixture was shiny during the settle down period. After a few minutes inside the oven, our macarons rose and we saw FEET!!! Yay!!! First try and succeed! That means my hubby did a good job in folding the mixture, the important process that I didnt dare to venture.

Anyway, I didnt capture the macarons' photo. It wasnt perfect yet. We think overheating was the main problem. We really need silicon baking tray and parchment (non-stick baking) paper. If anyone knows where to find them, especially the latter, do tell me.

6 comments:

Aida Manap said...

this mean u hv to bake some for me nanti.. :D

Nurul said...

kena ada silicon tray dgn parchment paper dulu....

lina said...

Nurul - I also keep google to find the best way on how to make/bake macarons too.Wow..cognrats to both of you...how it taste :) YOu can go to bake with yen shop at jln hj taip...a lot of silicon tray over there.

Nurul said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really appreciate it!!! the taste and texture are marvelous. There were minor overspill and cracking due to overheating.

lina said...

Nurul put out of your mind capture a picture how the step macorons being done…and the most important thing give me some ngeh..ngeh

Nurul said...

boleh. in 8-9 months from now. InsyaAllah.

KALAU JADI.

setakat ni ramai yg try sampai 9-10 kali to a few years, baru dpt yg perfect. after the first try, agak gave up dah ni. haha.