Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lazy Sunday : Dye works

On one lazy Sunday, my hubby took out Nabil's old school shoes and one box of fabric dye powders. He turned this cute little white school shoes :

into these cool walking shoes. For Nabil and Nazreen.
And I took out an old [yellowish] white cardigan and a tunic [and my sister need my help with her old blouse too]... and I turned these...
into this >>


It turned out beautifully. So does the other two. Thanks to my dad/grandma who introduced me to this art since I was... six years old? (I can still remember the whole kitchen was really busy dyeing my dad's military uniform to orange). Also thanks to my mom who did it over and over again until there's nothing else to dye anymore in the house. Now I have a hubby with the same passion towards... colour.

No comments: