Friday, April 22, 2011

KAED : Pre-Design Thesis Conceptual Diagram - Final Year Project

I was an architecture student from the year 1998 to 2004, at Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design (KAED), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). For my final year's Pre-Design Thesis, I choose to develop a Riverside Civic Centre at both sides of Klang River.

It was not an easy task to design a new building in the historical city of Klang without taking into account its outstanding image as the trading city. This is how I end up with the final building design that looks like a capsized boat. The boat relates to the river and the history behind the present Klang. I also relocated existing shoplots nearby into the "boat" to symbolise the boat as the medium of trading activities rooted a few centuries back in Klang.











1 comment:

art said...

i know a lot of architecture students end up here while googling for "conceptual diagram". pls leave your comment. I really want to know your opinion on my diagram. Thanks!

- GARLIC AND BUTTER -