Thursday, September 19, 2013

Countdown : 1M4U Charity Event @ Sekendi Orphanage

1 more day. Minus today.
Word-uttered-most of the day: Alhamdulillah.

The goodie bags for the children, low income families and single mothers are ready! Thanks to Nora and the rest of her team!
I am attending a Mind Mapping Course the whole day today (and yesterday) and I have to run in and out for these....

Updates today:

Health examination programme was cancelled.
I called up the Head Bureau of Health and ask them to get anyone to talk on food / nutrition / etc.
I also arranged with an Ustaz for a talk on Family Development, should we failed to get a speaker on healthy food at the last minute.
And we manage to get a NUTRITIONIST in one hour. Alhamdulillah.

The coaster and van are not enough for the trip to Sabak Bernam.
More than 40 people registered and we only have enough seat for 30 pax.
I went to negotiate with the team of climbers (they booked the bus to Genting Highland on the same day for their climbing activity) and they agreed to use the coaster. We get the bus and a van. And one car. Enough for 50 people. Alhamdulillah.

The wording on the banner is wrong(Note : It was agreed by everyone before it was printed).
I called up a printing centre and manage to get them to print the new one to be collected tomorrow and it costs me 50% lesser than the first banner.
I manage to talk to the President and she agreed to use the old banner. Alhamdulillah.

I was informed that we have no in-house mobile PA system. We need to rent it somewhere else. I was given a contact number for a company and they charged us quite high. After a few minutes negotiating, I manage to get it at a cheaper price. Within our budget. Alhamdulillah.

The donation (in cash and goods) still flowing in, non-stop. Thank you all. Alhamdulillah.

I truly believe Allah will show us the way if we are doing good deeds.

2 comments:

nora said...

puan...it is true....congrats puan in organizing this event...

Nurul said...

Alhamdulillah.