Monday, March 19, 2012

Japan-HK : Ambiance @ Ginza Tenkuni

I was speechless as I walked into Ginza Tenkuni Restaurant. It was so Japanese *duh*. Just like what I watched in the TV since I was a little girl (Oshin, Moero Attack, to name a few).

I love the feeling of sitting on a tatami mat, the fact that we have to take off our shoes once we entered the restaurant (our counterpart in Japan had made it very clear for everybody to wear a decent socks because we were expected to take off our shoes regularly in Japan) and looking at all ladies wearing a kimono. love love love!

They tagged our shoes. In less than one minute, no shoes in sight. Very efficient. I did some searching on my way to the ladies' and I found the cabinet where they neatly arranged our shoes. Ko takde kerja lain kan Garlicandbutter???

The tatami mat.You need to wear this in the ladies'. Klok klok klok klok. An extremely polite lady. They need to kneel like this and ask for permission everytime they enter the room. It is not a job for an old lady. BUT, she is OLD. And I think she came in and out from our room more than 20 times. Our translator hanging her jacket.

No comments: