Monday, March 19, 2012

Japan-HK : Food @ Ginza Tenkuni

This is my first experience dining at the authentic Japanese restaurant. Authentic ambiance dan authentic food (halal). I didnt know how to use chopstick. At all. I have to tell you that.

These are my food that day :


First one, I think it is a fish roe. It kinda popped in your mouth.


Second, a tofu ball (?) with clear algae soup.


Third, sashimi with a very nice presentation. The dark purplish leaves/flowers at the bottom are meant to be added to your soy sauce - together with the wasabi, if u like wasabi. The purple flower up there....well, I dont think they eat that.

Fourth, I dont know. It is kinda soup-y but it is thick. Like tofu. The yellow one - I think it is sea urchin (landak laut). Wooden spoon adds pleasure to the meal.

Fifth, variety of sushi, japanese dessert, octopus and I dont know what is the name of that siput in the middle. With the bamboo stick sticking out from it.

Sixth, tempura. The chef fried it on the spot during our fifth meal. Prawns, bird eye chilli and lotus-thing (flower? i dont know - they have a lot of that thing here).

Seventh, rice with bamboo shoots, miso soup and three friends in the small plate at the top of the photo.

The three friends closeup - Cucumber, I dont know and I dont know.


I manage to eat everything with a chopstick. Struggling, but succeed. Do tell me the name of the food in case you know. thanks!

2 comments:

mye said...

OIIIIIIIIII I WANT THEM ALL NOWWW!!!!!! (harus pergi ke kampachi equatorial weekend ni. dah gaji kan?) ;)

Nurul said...

lol.
buffet kat kampachi only pada malam Sabtu. so i was told.

by weekend dah gaji la kot.