Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Makan-makan Raya for neighbours

As usual, we didnt plan it at all.

After I finished baking (here), we went out to my brother's makan-makan Raya at his newly-renovated office (here) and came back at 6.00 pm. Suddenly, we decided to invite our neighbours for makan-makan that night (considering I have fruit jelly and chocolate cake ready *wink*) and we went out inviting our neighbours at 6.30 pm.

At 7.00 pm, I started to prepare ingredients for Mee Bandung Muar and my kids helped chopping mushrooms for bolognese sauce. I prepared angel hair spaghetti because it cook faster. We only have 1 hour 30 munites to prepare food, plating and tidy up the house. We told our neighbours that the makan-makan will start after Isyak.

After we done plating, our neighbours arrived. Together. PHEW!!!! We have nearly 20 kids in the house that night (I counted them for duit raya distribution purposes) but I am not sure how many adults were there. I guess there were more than 20. My SIL's family was there too!
It was simple and sweet. We had a blast chatting about pest problem in our neighbourhood (oh yes, it was interesting!), drainage problem and we exchanged recipes. I started to become makcik-makcik. The last neighbour arrived at 11 pm and he went back after the football match ended. LOL. I didnt know what time he went back. I finished cleaned up at 2.30 am.

Our Mee Bandung Muar. With a lot of prawns and meat :)
Angel hair spaghetti and bolognese sauce with extra mushroom and meat.
Our fruit jelly. It finished that night.
 Our last piece of chocolate cake. Glad they liked it!
Strawberry jellies from my aunt who happened to make extra jellies the day before.
Kuih raya.
I am blessed with a very understanding and harworking children. They helped me a lot, vacuum the carpet, clean the dishes and make sure I got enough rest. Nabil fell asleep in the kitchen at 1.30 am. Nazreen fell asleep at 2.15 am.

2 comments:

shiha_87 said...

nicenyaaa spaghetti...sedap nmpak!!

Nurul said...

mmg best Nura :)