Saturday, June 8, 2013

GSW : The Assignment

I am pretty occupied.
Remember when I said I was waiting for an assignment? (here)

It is for the Global Summit of Women (GSW) in Kuala Lumpur, where they gathered iron ladies from all around the world. There are almost 800 iron ladies participated from 76 countries. Cool. I never seen that much Louie Vuitton, Hermes, Marc Jacobs and Tod's handbags in one room.

For this Summit, I was assigned to the Republic of Namibia. The Land of the Brave.
I am the Liaison Officer (LO) for the First Lady of the Republic of Namibia, Her Excellency Madam Penehupifo Pohamba. First Lady = The President's Wife. Of all the countries in the list, I chose Namibia because I really adore the First Lady's passion in promoting breastfeeding in Namibia and her involvement in UNICEF to combat AIDS. It just hit the spot.

Two more days to go. The most exciting part so far is I am part of the motorcade. And  there are A LOT of motorcades! I have the best team of personal security officer (Suhaila), who is also my room mate for a week, three police riders and three dedicated pilots. Not to forget, the great team from our host, Istana Hotel.

No comments: