Thursday, May 10, 2012

3R Innovation Competition - my entry

I’ve participated in my office’s 3R Innovation Competition. It is simple. Just choose anything recyclables and make something new / functional out of it. I've decided to make crochet sling bag out of old t-shirts. Since these were taken from a pile of old t-shirts, the colour is very limited and I end up with garlicandbutter colours!! Pink, black, blue and white. And a bit of grey for the sling.

I have made one before  – here.

And I manage to sold it – here.

It took me a few days to find the suitable old t-shirts, cut it and turn it into balls of t-shirt yarn. This is the painful part. You need to cut it carefully into an inch wide continuous strip and then pull it hard, so the strip turn into rounded string. Rolled it into a ball.

I gave up a few days after that because I just cant find time to complete it. Until I met the organiser, Nurin, at Pasar Tani and she mentioned something about my entry. Later that evening, I found myself crocheting on my way back from the office (my husband picked me up)...until 2 am. And I submitted my entry the next day, which is yesterday.

When there’s a will, there’s a way. I hope I win.

5 comments:

zura said...

nuyuuuu
i loveee ur entryyyyyy
pandainya kauuuuu

aku yakin menang!!!!!
so cool pakai t shirt lama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hebat laaa aku kagum okayyyyyyyyyy
lompat kegirangan ni

Anonymous said...

cantik beg tu...yuyu mmg kreatif ;-)

-juju-

Amutha said...

Such a lovely bag. I don't know how you manage to do it with three young kids around! Amazing.

art said...

Thank you all!!!

Amutha -
There's a will, there's a way.

art said...

Oh yes, I WON THE FIRST PRIZE - http://garlicandbutter.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-won-3r-innovation-competition.html