Saturday, May 12, 2012

On genealogy : MASWAPEM

Today I've attended a huge family gathering in KL. It is called MASWAPEM, Majlis Silaturrahim Keluarga Keturunan Haji Awang Kemachi dan Keluarga Keturunan Wan Puteh Mentuan
(photo credit : Ismail Bukhari)

There is a very hugeeee family tree under both arwah Haji Awang and arwah Wan Puteh, and it is growing. They are the first generation - SURE, there were more before them, but this is the farthest that we could trace due to the limited information and documentation - so we start counting from them. Counting from arwah Haji Awang and arwah Wan Puteh, I am the fifth generation and my sons are the sixth. 
Complicated system
From only one branch - 45 grandchildren and 235 great grandchildren!!!
There. My grandfather. The third generation.
Thank you for all hobbyist genealogists in my family who involved in tracing our family history / roots all this while. Meeting people from third to sixth / seventh generation from other branches makes me realise how much relatives I actually have in this part of the world. 
And that is only from my (late) grandfather (father's) side. I still have another (late) grandfather and two more (late) grandmothers....wow!
(Photo credit : Mohd Hazli Haji Ghazali)
And, I met my cousin, Azuarina at MASWAPEM and she gave me this belated birthday present :) how lovely. I am glad because there ARE people reading my blog..... awwww..... (my birthday wish here) THANK YOU!!!

No comments: