Friday, May 6, 2011

Moving In : Part 04 - Painting door frame

There is no better thing to do on my wonderful birthday rather than paint the wooden door frames with the kids running around, screaming and laughing hysterically in our new house. Papa was away doing his photography work (The unfinished painting work in the master bedroom was 5-yo Nabil's - he fell asleep half-way through).
































And there is nothing better than a glass of ice lemon tea - on a chill evening - made by a wonderful husband for his hard-working/tired wife (still painting, tho) after he got back from work.
















Yes, it is a recycled Nescafe bottle. I am VERY FUSSY when it comes to choosing dinner wares and you knew how much I love green living. Currently we serves our guests a drink in this "glass". It is not we dont have any proper glasses, but, hey, we are making a statement here!

We bought a book shelves too. Since that part of the house is going to be white (currently it is yellow), so the book shelves should be dark brown, to match the colour of the new doors (my dad sponsored THREE nice bedroom doors - THANKS!). I was so excited when it arrived since I have a lot of BOOKS (still in my parent's house) and this is the first book I brought to our new house. I dont know why, but I really wanted to see something - even only one book - on this shelves. Now, I am happy.
















We also bought new beds for the kids. It is actually two beds with one pull-out bed. The best thing about these beds is they are stackable! It can be a double-decker (with a pull-out) at the same time. And of course, the kids opted for the double decker :o) It saves space but I am worried about their safety.

For the time being, Nabil is still afraid to sleep alone on the top, so he sleeps with Nazran on the pull-out, which is good. Right now the beds are in dark brown shades. I will post the photo when it has been transformed to WHITE. You know how much I love white furnitures (here)....

More on our MOVING IN Adventures! Click here.

No comments: