Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I love Mentarang

We came across a lot of stalls by the roadside selling Mentarang (Pholas orientalis) on the way to Sabak Bernam. On our way back, we bought some 8kg of mentarang for my family, my parent, my in-laws and neighbours (yes, I really love our neighbours!).
That was my first encounter with mentarang (after 33 years living in Malaysia?? Can you imagine?). I was so excited. I love shellfish and I have a tendency to stop at the stall with bold red stall signs (here). We stopped by at one of the stalls to taste grilled mentarang. It does tastes yummy and the deep fried mentarang really suitable for a po'boy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kedah pun banyak mentarang.

tapi i tak reti kopek, selalu mintak dorang tolong kopekkan siap-siap.
balik masak je :P

Nurul said...

yes. I was told Kuala Perlis (or is it Kuala Kedah?) and Pantai Sabak sahaja yang ada mentarang sbb pantai berselut.

Tahniah sebab dah makan mentarang lebih awal dari saya.

Bukan ke kalau dah masak mentarang tu, dia akan terbuka sendiri mcm kerang?

Aida Manap said...

One of my fav seafood!!! Tp susah la mau cari kat pj..:-P

nurul said...

Omg. Saya je ke yg xpernah makan binatang ni???

lina said...

Nurul u pun suka mentarang....sgt sedap...