Tuesday, December 22, 2015

HLP2015 : The interview

Since my proposal was on industrial development, I equipped myself with the historical and latest figure of our country’s GDP and relevant aspects of industrial development in Malaysia.

I went in with another candidate, who planned to further her study at the local university. In front of us were three panels with different background and expertise, and the questions were…. quite provocative. The only female panel keep asking on who will take care of my child, whether I will attend the class should one of my sons fell sick, how my husband will keep up with four kids and why can’t I just study at the local university. I also tried hard to justify why and how my undergraduate degrees in architecture (yup, two degrees) could help in my Master in industrial development. There's a will, there's a way.
Two of them really pushed me to pursue my Master at local university because I have four kids (or they were just provoking) while one was very keen of me going abroad – yes, you, Dr. Fuad!. They said they will give me conditional approval – I have to get accepted to an outstanding university – or else just pursue my study in Malaysia. I don’t know whether it is a yes or a no, but I started working hard on my statement of purpose afterwards.

No comments: