Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fall 2015 : Wet Manchester

Manchester is wet. 

To be more accurate, the weather is unpredictable. One moment it is sunny. The next minute, you gonna have rain. And it get sunny again. Then rain. Sometimes the sun hides behind the cloud for a week. Sometimes it rains more than 10 times a day (I didnt actually count it, I read it in Manchester weather history). But overall, it is wet. It rains A LOT (but it is not as heavy as in Malaysia).

I bought two umbrellas since we came here. But the gust really makes it impossible to walk elegantly with umbrella in the rain. I saw a lot of broken umbrella at the road side when we first came here. Now I know why. I feel like flying in the strong wind. Just imagine what it can do to your fragile umbrella.

So, I gave up on umbrella now. I prefer to walk in the rain. Just like everyone else. I just use waterproof jacket, boots and put on waterproof backpack cover.

This is Nazmi in the wet Manchester.

No comments: